FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Reservation Refused Cancellation
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:34 am
TalkingPoint

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Award Reservation Refused Cancellation

I had an award reservation using Miles and Smiles for a United flight from the US to Mexico a couple weeks back. The flight wasn't cancelled, but I decided to not go as my state was on a lockdown and leisure travel to Cancun seemed irresponsible. I tried to call the US reservations number I booked the ticket with originally and there was a busy signal every day. I sent an email to the LA ticketing office that I have corresponded with in the past and received no response. I also messaged on Twitter and no response. I never got a response from Turkish before the flight date came and went. Now their phone line is open again, I was able to speak to someone. Not only are they not willing to refund the taxes of a flight not flown, I also cannot even pay the $50 "no-show" fee to have the miles redeposited. I spoke to two representatives and then a supervisor and they all told me that the Turkish government is not allowing any cancellations or refunds of tickets if related to Coronavirus. Is there any other way to escalate this issue?