FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trips You Are Glad You Took
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:11 pm
GagaPilot

Programs: DL DM
Trips You Are Glad You Took

All of us on here have some level of love for travel and Delta. With everything going on related to the stress of canceling and rebooking trips, let's take a moment to think back to trips we are so grateful we took on Delta. (Mods: If this belongs in one of the pre-exisiting COVID threads please move)

For me one of the most memorable was a relatively spur of the moment trip I took to BKK last October. I had just returned from a trip to SIN a few days prior and I really still had the travel bug. I found a great PS fare to BKK for about 3 weeks later and I booked it... not even knowing if I could arrange the time off from work. Fortunately all of my plans came together and I was able to take the trip, netting some awesome MQMs and MQDs along the way with a creative routing. I even sprung for a D1 upgrade on the way back that pushed me over to PM status. While it definitely wasn't my first international trip, it was my first solo international trip. Delta made the journey great and it was one of the best mini vacations I ever had.

I sincerely hope Delta recovers from this and we are all able to resume our love of travel soon.