FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Barclays companion certificate and Coronavirus COVID-19
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:07 pm
GNRMatt

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by tbd1579
Just to update. 1 of 4 flights were cancelled. I called Aa meeting services, as the certificate uses to book. They could change the reservation or cancel it all together, but have nothing to do with the certificates. They suggested I call Barclays. I did. They got word today that certificates expiring March-May will be extended to August and all accounts will be noted. When I want to rebook, I am to book the same way as I had originally booked. If a new certificate is needed to be mailed in, it is under past rewards online in the Barclays website. Given where we are, August isn’t much. But it is something.
Thanks for this! I'm in the same situation. My flight this weekend needed to be cancelled for obvious reasons and I was entitled to a full refund due to a schedule change. The person at AA wasn't able to do anything about the companion certificate, so I've contacted Barclays to see what they can do.

Although, my gut feeling is that this whole situation won't be any better in August.