FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic COVID-19 Cancellations and related issues
Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:04 am
Tim_T
Original Member

Question of a “what would you do” variety for my future booking.

due to travel at the end of the month on an upperclass redemption booking. It’s not yet been cancelled but I’m sure it will be, and if not I will want to cancel or change it anyway.

the redemption was done using a Virgin creditcard 241 voucher whilst I was a gold member. I’m now silver

I would like to change to a similar time next year, ie April but redemption flights won’t be out by the time I need to cancel or change.

options I see are:

Cancel - if I cancel I would get the voucher and miles back (I assume) but I would not be able to use it for upperclass anymore as I’m silver now. I would also need to pay the cancellation fee, but would get tax/surcharge cash back (note, I’ve now closed the creditcard that was used to pay, so would need it to be reimbursed to a different card)

Change - change to a date thats available in the future, say January, and then pay to change the dates again once the flights I actually want are released. This would keep the booking live and cash covered by my creditcard if VS go under

Voucher - get the booking moved to an voucher. This would probably not be protected if VS go under and I’m not sure how redemption bookings with 241 work under this scenario for rebooking. I suspect I would end up disappointed

thoughts?

Last edited by Tim_T; Apr 2, 2020 at 3:15 am