FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Risk of UK border closure / travel scrutiny at airports
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:24 am
DFB_london
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Your greater struggle may be getting a flight. My LHR-ARN on May 1st was cancelled yesterday - that's over a full month ahead. I would anticipate majority cancellations for that route at least into the beginning of May [of course I don't work for BA and have no solid evidence of this, but if it's integral for you to get back to Sweden then consider the implications of not being able to do so for a little time].

So far BA are running 6-8 flights LHR-ARN a week probably helped by cargo. SAS operate daily and the DFDS Immingham-Gothenburg ferry still running (but at freight prices and it takes 28 hours).

Despite the media hyperbole, even in Stockholm there is a lot of very effective voluntary social distancing. In contrast, U.K. policy seems to be governed by input just from Imperial college, with no peer review, no revalidation of data inputs...bought to the U.K. by the same team who guided the disastrous response to BSE. Makes you think, rather.