FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:43 am
Carpacchio

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Just received the information of the status extension by email - so it's official.
The requalification date is also extended, so if you got the 6 months extra, you have then another 12 months from then to requalify:
  • For all the Silver and Gold members of our Miles+Bonus loyalty program whose tier expires from 31/03/2020, their tier will be extended for 6 months. Every member will have 18 months available - instead of 12 - in order to reach the rules, needed for their tier retain.
    If, for example, a Silver or Gold member’s tier expires on 30/11/2020, the new tier expiration date will be on 30/05/2021. Therefore, the period for the member to meet the criteria for tier retain will be 18 months, and specifically from 31/11/2019 until 29/05/2021.
  • For all the Silver and Gold members who have already accrued the requested number of miles for their tier retain, their tier is secured for 12 months post the extended tier expiration date.
    For example, a Silver or Gold member, whose tier expires on 30/11/2020 and is extended for 30/05/2021 and has accrued the requested number of miles for tier retain, his tier is secured until 30/05/2022.
  • For all Silver and Gold members that have already secured their tier up until 2022, no extension of tier duration will take place.

Some other very positive developments here: https://en.aegeanair.com/aegean-anno...gn=mb_Memories

Each Credit Voucher can be used in more than one bookings/transactions. Thus, if the new booking is of greater value than the Credit Voucher, then this should be credited instantly, and you will be asked to pay the difference. If the booking is of lower value, then the difference will remain as a balance in your Credit Voucher and you may use it in another booking.

The Credit Voucher is valid for bookings and flights that will take place within the next 18 months, from the date that the respective email with the promotional code was sent, only through aegeanair.com, olympicair.com and the AEGEAN app. After that time, and provided that the Credit Voucher has not been used in full or at all, you are eligible to request refund of the (remaining) unused amount paid for your initial booking.

I haven't checked whether this is also updated in the T&Cs (as in the prior ones, there was no reimbursement or continuous credit).
If that's the case, I might be willing to engage in this voucher option to provide them some cash flow, as I am sure I can use the amount over time.