FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Award tkt change/cancellation/redeposit/fees Q&As {Archive}
Old Mar 29, 2020, 2:00 pm
susiesan

Programs: AA Gold
I have outbound award flights to Copenhagen on June 24 to coincide with a cruise that will likely not happen.The cruise has not been cancelled yet but I expect it to. My trip has this notice on it:A travel waiver is in effect for your reservation.To make changes now, select “Change flight” below. To rebook travel later, select “Cancel flight” and you’ll be able to rebook with change fees waived. View the waiver details for more information.

I have UA flights as far as Brussels then SAS flight from Brussels to Copenhagen. I plan to take the same cruise next year, but it won't be until late August so I cannot re book award flights until September. I would have to cancel and have the miles re deposited. Since I have no status I will have to pay the redeposit fee. Should I wait until a few days before for UA or SAS to cancel to avoid the re deposit fee or should I call it in and hope the agent will waive the fees?

The return awards flights on July 8 are on SAS from Stockholm to Washington, then UA to Kansas City. That trip does not have a waiver notice on it yet but once I cancel the outbound I will cancel the return which will incur another set of re deposit fees.

Advice please on how I should proceed. Thanks.