FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]
Old Mar 29, 2020, 1:02 pm
blackball

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by johnirvine
Cancellation of a flight by an EU carrier within 14 days of a flight most certainly gives you the right to a refund plus, in normal cases, compensation; more than 14 days before, you are entitled to a refund only - please read the EU261 regulation and you will see that this is the case. However, it is one thing to possess a right and another thing to be able to exercise it. Most EU airlines are effectively insolvent and many will not be recapitalised. In the case of Aegean, the airline is so important for the Greek economy, in particular for tourism, that the government is unlikely to let it fail. In my opinion, holders of credit vouchers for unused tickets possess less legal rights than those with unmet EU261 claims. Consequently, I am refusing totally offers of credit vouchers for future flights from Aegean. So far, I have had two tickets refunded and none refused - you need to be persistent and correspond by e-mail rather that speak to an agent who has no real authority to make refund decisions.
Thank you for this tip. I will try it. In the meantime, I've contacted my bank, and initiated a request for the chargeback, since it will take a very long time to carry out. If A3 do the right thing, I will, of course, withdraw it.