FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master thread COVID-19/Coronavirus; travel waivers, route changes, AC impacts
Old Mar 28, 2020, 7:10 am
HerpaYvr

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by mcbg1
I had a flight to the UK and Ireland next month which I cancelled last week with AC. I was told I would have a credit valid for the value of my ticket until Dec 2020.

I saw yesterday Air Canada had changed their policy and credits would be valid until March 2021.

I called to ask if my credit would be extended until then and I was told no. I then asked how much my credit was in their file and I was told 148$. WHAT THE HECK. The agent said my credit was only for the base fare of my ticket. I was never told this during my last call.

I asked if I could speak to a supervisor and the agent laughed and said sir this isn't Bell, you cannot talk to a supervisor on the phone. He then directed me to their website to complete a form to be sent to their customer service.

What a nightmare!

Relax,

These are uncertain times, policies are changing all the time, very fluid situation. I received full refunds from AP, AC, VIA , Hilton etc so you just need to speak with the right person. No one is trying to screw anyone and the sky is not falling. Most here should be professionals with some kind of leadership role, so we should be steadfast. level headed and calm. Call back or fill the online amount as for whatever you paid is what you will receive back through a credit or full refund.