FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Drivers can now see who tips within the app?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:22 am
Need

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
That's why I don't get why people will tip a cab driver and not an uber driver. Uber is usually cheaper and the driver is using their own car. I really hope people are tipping generously now with the Coronavirus and the added risks drivers are taking. The guy that works in my building that drives for Uber is refusing to drive for a while. He said it isn't worth the risk and does it for part time income mainly on weekends and with the bars all shut down it isn't worth it. There's probably going to be a demand for it for it though for people without cars in bigger cities that need to work where they have eliminated or cut back bus services.
Lots of Uber drivers are turning into Instacart shoppers and DoorDash, UberEat, etc... deliverers. I tip them extra but in the app not in cash to minimize the risk of transferring anything to them. BTW, I used to walk out to the Amazon delivery truck if I see them coming to get my package so they don't have to walk up the driveway to my front door. Don't do it now... as the driver told me to stop and he put the package on the floor so I could approach to get it. I think they have rules to not let anyone get close.