Thread: Voucher Option
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 20, 10:42 am
rick7

Thank you ROKNA, knowing the vouchers are good for five years is a HUGE help. Aer Lingus should mention that in their offer as it makes it far more attractive than other airlines who have much shorter time frames. I just read where DELLAS posted that JFK-SNN-JFK passengers may be accommodated on same day JFK-DUB-JKF flights -- I don't know if that is simply an option or if that will be in lieu of a refund offer. That posting also said they were cancelling flights similar to ours all the way up to the day before we fly -- so close to an official cancellation! Anyway, things tend to change on a daily basis but if nothing changes, I will tentatively plan to call them when we get to the 72-hour window and request a refund. If the plane is flying or DUB is a legal alternative, the voucher may be a viable alternative. Our trip insurance (Allianz) explicitly excludes pandemics but will compensate if any of us is quarantined by a physician or designated as too ill to fly by a physician. Obviously we would not wish for either of those scenarios.