FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New flight purchase
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2020, 10:04 am
rashodw

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
When you purchase an airline ticket, you and the airline are entering into what's called a Contract of Carriage. This is in the small print and is why JetBlue specifically asks you to agree to Terms & Conditions before completing your purchase. Basically the Contract of Carriage means JetBlue (or any other airline) agrees to fly you safely from City A to City B. If they change the flight time or number of layovers, they are still honoring the CoC by flying you from City A to City B. While 12 hours sucks and JetBlue should be more flexible in this situation, they legally don't have to be which is why they are offering you a travel bank credit instead.

If JetBlue had cancelled the flight, then they would have legally owed you a refund to your form of payment because they had broken the CoC. In this case unfortunately, they have not broken the CoC so a refund is not a given. I'm guessing most of the folks in your Facebook group haven't mentioned a Contract of Carriage so thought I'd clarify here. The Boarding Area folks should also be well aware of how this works but clickbait is more profitable.
Thanks for the response! Got it! i took the credit will use it for next year I guess.