FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Off peak awards???
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2020, 7:33 am
RedSun
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Here’s a fundamental problem I see with Hyatt’s system. Is that they have Category 6 properties that when they’re “Off Peak” can go as low as $90 which considering the 25,000 points or even 21,000 points once the new system is implemented is insane.

I see Cat 7 properties for $128, if a property is a Category 7 it should never be that price otherwise it definitely shouldn’t be in that Category.

Then there are properties that were in 2019 a Category 4, upgraded to a Category 5 and earmarked as a Category 6 when the new changes happen. Yet even when it’s slow it never goes below $200, despite when it’s high being $1,000+.

I love Hyatt overall and I think their system is great, I just wish they had fixes for these types of issues.
There are a lot factors going into the pricing. I'm not going to speculate as to why those prices are too high or too low.

It is free market economy. All hotels are competing against each other. I would not want to spend my time wondering why the price and category do not match etc....