FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Mar 27, 2020, 12:32 am
RichardInSF
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
If you opted for the voucher it incorporates the avios and cash you paid. No avios are returned.

For avios bookings the voucher does not seem to be as beneficial as just canceling. If BA has cancelled your flights then you are entitled to a full refund; see the wiki for the javascript method and if that does not work you have to call. If BA has not cancelled your flight then just pay the GBP35 redeposit fee as a voluntary cancellation. Read backwards in the thread you will find a number of similar questions and answers.

If you have opted for a voucher and now want to change your mind, see the Q and A here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32231154-post1001.html
Thanks, that answers my question. Looks like I am stuck with the voucher but it invites another question: The email didn't say how much the voucher was for, how do I find that out? Once again, I fear I have to call alth0ugh I guess I could make a dummy booking and cancel it before finalizing.