FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Mar 27, 2020, 12:20 am
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I had an award ticket booked on BA from HND to SFO on JL. I got an email informing me that I now had a voucher, which would appear to be for the taxes and fees.

BUT -- the Avios were not restored for the flight, do I have to call or should I just wait for a few days and it will reappear?

Sorry if this has been answered before but this is a long, long thread.

Thanks!
If you opted for the voucher it incorporates the avios and cash you paid. No avios are returned.

For avios bookings the voucher does not seem to be as beneficial as just canceling. If BA has cancelled your flights then you are entitled to a full refund; see the wiki for the javascript method and if that does not work you have to call. If BA has not cancelled your flight then just pay the GBP35 redeposit fee as a voluntary cancellation. Read backwards in the thread you will find a number of similar questions and answers.

If you have opted for a voucher and now want to change your mind, see the Q and A here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32231154-post1001.html