FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Points Guy: We never accept free flights [merged TPG discussions]
Old Mar 26, 2020, 5:34 am
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by stuck720
The price seems off, as does the narrative. It says RedVentures purchased Bankrate in 2017, TPG's excessive spending was suddenly seen as a liability & gives an example of a 2019 trip? I want to see this budget memo that BusinessInsider claims to have. How the hell do you spend $35k on hotels for apparently 5 people over 2 weeks, while it even says he booked a Waldorf suite on points? Why wouldn't he spend the points the company has instead of some insane amount on El Al's business class, of all carriers? An old interview sounded like he still owned part of TPG (or got a cut of the ongoing profit as his pay?) when he originally sold it so I would guess he would want to spend points and keep a % of the cash for himself. I'm sure Brian spends extravagantly, but something doesn't add up here.

But, oh, those poor employees who now have to deal with free catered lunches 4/5 of the week instead of expensing "unlimited" Seamless orders. Now the employees can't even stack up the points on their daily free lunches, poor things.

The best part of the article was the ex-boyfriend going on record about Brian. Hell has no fury like a boyfriend scorned?
Yes the Stanford Olympic gymnast that Brian treated badly must be lying because Brian is such a catch and his heart is so broken. That's the most logical explanation.

Not all of the employees who reported abusive workplace treatment are former employees. Seamless web does not entitle an employer to treat workers badly.

How sad that even in these times, people continue to have an utter lack of empathy.

(Does Red Ventures have a policy that he must use the "company's" points rather than spend their money and keep the points for his "personal" use?)

​​​​​
​​​​