FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay vs ANA vs Japan 1st Class
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:28 pm
diverg

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
You’re asking for guesses on Coronavirus impact for a year from now when the situation is literally changing daily. You might as well be asking a Ouija board or a Magic 8-ball, or asking for winning lottery numbers while you are at it. Anybody who says they know what’s going to happen is talking out their posterior. For all we know there could be a second outbreak this winter and spring 2020 in Japan that shuts NRT/HND down for transit like HKG is now. The flu pandemic outbreak for 1918-1920 had MULTIPLE outbreaks spread over those years.

Seriously? I wouldn’t bother to guess the future or make any plans that aren’t non-refundable, or prepare to eat your change fees or whatever.Get whatever booking meets your needs for scheduling, timing, hard and soft product plus availability and be prepared to have those plans change or be cancelled if visas get suspended.
Fully aware this crap could still be happening or in round 2 next year. I willing to eat the cost of redepositing miles etc. I look at it as a cost of doing business when you have to plan so far ahead in normal times, and these times are not normal.