FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA 2020 schedule changes due to coronavirus (10 Mar 2020 - obsolete)
Old Mar 25, 2020, 6:45 am
SJCFlyerLG
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
Originally Posted by jnagar
Just in case this affects anyone, I figured I'd post it here: AA appears to have silently (I cannot find any mention of it in their releases--they mention the rest of South America, just omit MVD from their near-term suspensions) suspended flights from MVD-MIA. At first this was supposedly a temporary thing, but the writing was on the wall. I have no citations, but just search for flights and you'll see it. Glad we escaped with Copa through PTY while that was still an option.
They seem to be doing the same thing on their MIA-ANU-MIA flights. There are currently two flights per day, but they have been, and will be, canceling one of the flights due to light loads. I'd prefer that they simply reduce the schedule to a single flight, but I guess they are looking at this day-to-day.

ETA: apparently they have now canceled ANU service until May 7th. We have a reservation ANU-MIA-DEN on April 29th, but we have not received a cancellation notice. I realize that things are very chaotic now, but I would think AA could create a page that has running flight cancellations on it.

Last edited by SJCFlyerLG; Mar 25, 2020 at 7:29 am