FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stuck in Australia or NZ - What are the options? etc (combined thread)
Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:35 am
wilsnunn

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by sammyg901
Still seems odd that they didn't route the flight via KL for a week to me, they could have positioned up the crew from Singapore or even had a Malaysian Airlines A380 take them forward (they are no stranger to helping the CAA and the UK Govt, one of their A380s was shuttling between Manchester and Palma on Thomas Cook rescue flights)

The inbound SIN terminating passengers from LHR could be rebooked to SQ, BA11 or even be shuttled down on an Malaysian 737
Whilst I think that it is a shame that nothing has thus far been done, I think that the important thing to remember here is that these are commercial flights operated by a company, and if they were repatriation flights organised by the government then they would do anything they could to get the pax home but for the time being these are still normal commercial flights.