FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inflight Service Changes Due to COVID-19
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:33 pm
ezak

Flew FLL-SEA-PDX yesterday 3/22.

For the first time since being MVPG, we bought saver instead of main fare. Because it's a last-minute ticket (connecting from an international flight out of South America), most elites are already processed for upgrade so F was almost full when we booked. Given recent cut on food and beverage served, we thought it's not worth the extra money just for a premium seat, especially that the plane will be wide empty in the back.

The FLL-SEA leg served a biscuit and only one round of beverage (canned soda only in Y). No food options for purchase, but I did see an FA walking with a snack box, presumably for F. For beverage, announcement says beer is available, and I also saw someone having a sparking wine (and spilled it in the aisle because he shook it too much trying to open).

The SEA-PDX leg had no F&B service at all, which is totally understandable. Oddly enough, before takeoff an FA gave us each a chocolate for MVPG members - a real surprise given current environment. FA seemed confused to find us in row 30, I guess they don't see elites there very often lol.