FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inflight Service Changes Due to COVID-19
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2020, 1:10 pm
chrisl137
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kurt
Another thing I forgot to mention from my flight the other day: the "Welcome to First" folder (with its meal and beverage descriptions) and the inflight magazine (also with a meal and beverage section) were both absent. Just the safety card and an airsick bag were in the pocket.

Edited to add that of course removing that could be touched by multiple passengers would do a lot to remove any potential virus-spreaders. A big "duh!" for me!
I flew LAX-PDX last night and noticed the same thing - nothing but the safety card at the seat. It's true throughout LAX - things like fountain drink machines, condiment packet bins, etc. are all shut down or removed. There are also no-touch hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the terminal.

They provided canned beverages in F, no cups, no food. The pilots did get hot meals and coffee.

The flight itself was maybe half full or a little less, but part of that might have been moved from other flights - I had been booked BUR-PDX but it was cancelled.

Alaska Lounge at LAX still had the no priority pass sign out, but I was number 4 instead of 43. Still didn't quite make it in.

PDX was absolutely quiet on arrival - the terminal was empty at 10:30 pm. The car rental had the tensabarriers set up to keep customers from getting close up to the counter right in front of the terminal that was in use, effectively forcing a ~6 foot separation.