FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIN Transit stop from 23 2359 Local
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2020, 6:58 am
EMIC

Programs: CX, BA
Dreadful times....

I would also suspect that additional pressure has been put on SGN from both HK and China.

Desperate to exit the UK and unable to rearrange existing flight, I booked LHR-SIN-HKG single ticket, Dep 16th arriving HK 17th, then had to cross border at Shenzhen Bay to China.

In China, (and HK), 98% of all new cases this week have been from 'imported' cases, the majority returning students. In China, they report each and every case in detail, specifying the flight numbers and dates. At least 50 people arriving into HK, Beijing and Shenzhen, have come via Singapore.

I am aware of 6 cases now on my LHR-SIN segment, and 3 cases on SIN-HKG segment.

In addition to the flights, China used to mention the seat numbers. Although you have to document this on arrival, so they will know which seat, they do not now publish those details - and to be quite honest, having been on those flights, I do not wish to know where they were sitting.

I am currently in 'at-home' isolation, and have returned a negative C-19 test - I just hope the incubation period is only 5 days.........

I really believe that flying at the moment is dangerous - but my judgement call to return, was based on how dangerous the UK will get. Believe China is now the safest place to be.....

Take care out there