SIN Transit stop from 23 2359 Local

Old Mar 21, 20, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold, IHG Spire
SIN Transit stop from 23 2359 Local

I hate doing this but Singapore just posted that Transit and short term visitors from Singapore Changi Airport. Exemptions for Family members of Singaporeans and Lorn term pass holders.

I would imagine SQ will go on a meltdown.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highligh...covid-19-cases
tbm13 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 20, 10:15 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
I am guessing this was triggered by a German tourist testing positive a few days ago. SG had already prohibited visitors with a 14 day traveller history to Germany (etc) so when that case popped up 2-3 days ago my guess was he was a transit passenger.
Old Mar 21, 20, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

More likely the 2 which have died reported yesterday. It was all visitors had been issued a "stay home notice" earlier. One of them was an Indonesian rushing here for treatment.
Old Mar 21, 20, 10:24 pm

Those with a 14 day travel history to select EU countries were prohibited from entry, not just issued SHN. The imported cases over the past days have all been returning citizens or residents, so this German national stood out.

Probably both precipitated the decision to lock down. We will continue to see imported cases from Singaporeans and residents evacuating home to SG. SQ is flying LHR through end March to priority for returnees. Well, now those will be the only folks allowed to enter Singapore.
Old Mar 21, 20, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

I think there is a playbook involved. I expect additional measures when local cases hit 500. 25% or more of the imported cases are from Singaporean students in the UK.
Old Mar 21, 20, 10:42 pm

Yup. I don't mind the current approach personally. I was in SG during SARS -- we certainly benefited from the learnings there with the initial quick response that allowed the govt to track and trace and effectively contain early in the outbreak wave.
Old Mar 22, 20, 2:24 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Oh cr*p!! Only re-arranged our flights on Friday after waiting 4 hours at AKL airport to make the changes so now have to start all over again or be stuck here in AKL with no accommodation.
Old Mar 22, 20, 6:58 am

Programs: CX, BA
Dreadful times....

I would also suspect that additional pressure has been put on SGN from both HK and China.

Desperate to exit the UK and unable to rearrange existing flight, I booked LHR-SIN-HKG single ticket, Dep 16th arriving HK 17th, then had to cross border at Shenzhen Bay to China.

In China, (and HK), 98% of all new cases this week have been from 'imported' cases, the majority returning students. In China, they report each and every case in detail, specifying the flight numbers and dates. At least 50 people arriving into HK, Beijing and Shenzhen, have come via Singapore.

I am aware of 6 cases now on my LHR-SIN segment, and 3 cases on SIN-HKG segment.

In addition to the flights, China used to mention the seat numbers. Although you have to document this on arrival, so they will know which seat, they do not now publish those details - and to be quite honest, having been on those flights, I do not wish to know where they were sitting.

I am currently in 'at-home' isolation, and have returned a negative C-19 test - I just hope the incubation period is only 5 days.........

I really believe that flying at the moment is dangerous - but my judgement call to return, was based on how dangerous the UK will get. Believe China is now the safest place to be.....

Take care out there
sbs2716g and tbm13 like this.
Old Mar 22, 20, 8:22 am

Programs: QFF, VA, IHG
Does this include "airside" transits - i.e. not entering Singapore through the border? This is not explicitly stated (as I read the press release anyway).
Old Mar 22, 20, 8:27 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Aus ATC View Post
Does this include "airside" transits - i.e. not entering Singapore through the border? This is not explicitly stated (as I read the press release anyway).
I think it is very clear - no airside transit.
"all short-term visitors will now not be allowed to enter or transit through Singapore."
Old Mar 22, 20, 9:27 am

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Originally Posted by IluvSQ View Post
I think it is very clear - no airside transit.
"all short-term visitors will now not be allowed to enter or transit through Singapore."
It could be clearer. Are transit pax that stay airside short term visitors?
Aus ATC likes this.
Old Mar 22, 20, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by nick5000 View Post
It could be clearer. Are transit pax that stay airside short term visitors?
No entry or transit for all short term visitor.
Old Mar 22, 20, 10:15 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
Perhaps the announcement could have used better wording to say exactly what they meant No one is permitted to board a plane that is flying to Singapore unless they are a Citizen, Permanent Resident or Long Term Visit Pass Holder, regardless of whether they are transiting or intending to stay in Singapore.
Aus ATC, tbm13 and LTN Phobia like this.
Old Mar 22, 20, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
What is a short term visitor?
Old Mar 22, 20, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Short Term meaning Tourist / Business Trip / Transit
Long Term meaning Work / Education / Dependant
tbm13 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: