FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No night/points No status? Gov't Imposed Isolation at Marriott in China
Old Mar 22, 2020, 2:02 am
EG8196

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I'm not going to get into a ridiculous political discussion with ignorant people who clearly have never been in China but are willing to expound without knowledge... But I flew back to China several weeks ago because it is clearly the safest place to be in the world right now. There are 3 people in this thread who actually live in China and agree on the safety while the others who've posted do not live in China.

Anyway, the OPs question is legitimate even if the points / benefits don't matter much compared to being safe. The tone of the post is a little over the top but question reasonable... Wouldn't you want points?

My guess is this was a block reservation and price...thus you would not get points or benefits. Moreover, most likely health/ govt officials are running the hotel and have more important things to worry about than getting guests status and they probably have no idea what status and benefits are.

You will be put in room and health workers (not Marriott staff most likely) will bring the food to you 3 times a day.

Be happy you're in a country that has masks and an efficient policy to contain the spread of the virus

Taiyuan is far safer than any place in North America. Don't yell at the staff about benefits. They can and will deport foreigners (they did to an Aussie who broke quarantine rules)

The last place you want to be now is in the US where the situation is the most dangerous. Canada is better but Taiyuan is good.
The safest place in the world right now is Taiwan, not china