FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Requesting refunds from airlines
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:45 am
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by woolfson
No! ;-) I called Orbitz over a trip to Morocco for which the flights were cancelled; Orbitz (Expedia) said to call Lufthansa; Lufthansa says to call Orbitz (Expedia).

One lawsuit filing naming both of them is sufficient to get the attention of both, who will prefer to not have to go to San Francisco Superior Court together. Since Expedia is in Seattle, and Lufthansa is terminating their operations in San Francisco, that means they will need to fly in for court. Good on them, I'll see them in court since they can't figure this out.

In case anyone is interested, I can post the process here and the results of my claim against them both for breach of contract since the contract that I was sold can no longer be fulfilled.
Or just dispute the CC charge. Also, Small Claims can usually handle these very well, up to $5000 each, especially in San Francisco. In 1989, I had to file against TWA (had an award for F but was waitlisted to C on the JFK-ATH segment. Flight went out with 6 empty F seats and TW's FFP phone staff couldn't get it fixed in time.) The TW supervisor who showed up to court offered me enough miles for 2 FC awards US to Europe RT, which I gladly took. And used.