FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19: AF/KL rebooking/refund policy
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:27 am
Paul74

Originally Posted by mlin32
I thought AF was offering refunds for flights thru 31 May, assuming you didn't buy a Light Eco fare. So why wait for an official flight cancellation ?

I had a ticket over Easter and just applied for a full refund; no need to wait for AF to officially cancel anything. Will prob take a few weeks to get it back on my carte bancaire (like my airbnb) but since its 100% cash back I see no reason to hesistate.

Air France rules :

1.YOU WANT TO POSTPONE YOUR TRIP

If you have purchased a ticket for a flight departing before 31 May 2020, you have until 30 September 2020 to postpone your departure date without change fees. Your new trip must begin no later than 30 November 2020 included.

2.YOU WANT TO CANCEL YOUR TRIP

If you have purchased a ticket for a flight departing before 31 May 2020, please contact your travel agency for further information.

If you purchased a ticket directly from our website, please complete the online form below to obtain a travel voucher. This non-refundable voucher is valid for 1 year on all Air France, KLM, Delta Air Lines and Virgin Atlantic flights.

​​​​​

3.YOUR FLIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELED

If your flight has been canceled and you no longer wish to travel, we invite you to contact your travel agency.

If you purchased your ticket directly from our website or at an Air France agency, please complete the online form below to obtain a travel voucher. This voucher is valid for 1 year on all Air France, KLM, Delta Air Lines and Virgin Atlantic flights. This voucher will be refundable after one year if it is not used.

So:
If you cancel flights on your own you will get a non-refundable voucher!
​if you have a canceled flight you will get a refundable voucher!

Am I right ?!!