FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master thread COVID-19/Coronavirus; travel waivers, route changes, AC impacts
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:27 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Sure. Hence I'm curious what @Adam Smith meant by "checked a few other international destinations".
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...-notifier.html has numerous examples of people reporting that I'm able to notify them of schedule changes (and now cancellations) before it shows up on their booking, even when the old flight is still for sale.

Off the top of my head, I can think of four different publicly accessible sources of information on AC flights, and they have delays of hours to days between them. (One of the sources is the PDF timetable, but I'm not factoring in that propagation delay because it's super slow)

I've seen instances where EF says a flight doesn't exist, but AC is still selling it. I've seen cases where AC says it's not operating but EF shows it, possibly zeroed out.

Depending on where you're looking, you'll see different things. But the last place that gets updated seems to be individual PNRs.