FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:20 pm
mike&co

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
For the meds, that's actually the priority, so you may want to use some local contact to help with that urgently. If you have travel insurance then their medical contact point will give you help on this, e.g. contact details of a local doctor, even if you don't actually make a claim. I seem to recall there was a UK GP who lives and works in Oporto but I don't know anything more than that. If all else fails, go to a pharmacy in OPO, the educational requirements on pharmacists is such that they will probably speak English and will perhaps steer you in the right direction. I would suggest that is the main priority over the flight. As I understand it Faro will continue to LGW, and LGW's service level is currently the strongest of all the 3 hubs, thanks to not being reliant on business bookings. Crystal ball stuff, but I think it will work on Friday, the GLA will surely work too.
Thanks CWS appreciated as always. Happy ending as Jet2 have have just put on an emergency flight tomorrow. She’s now booked on it.