FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:51 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mike&co
Just spent a couple of hours trying to organise flights for my wife and friend who have just had their EasyJet flight from Faro to Glasgow cancelled (scheduled to depart tomorrow) I’ve now booked BA on Friday night to LGW (overnight hotel in Gatwick ) followed by a domestic up to Glasgow on the Saturday morning. My only concern is that a similar position occurs between now and Friday - Million dollar question, do you think this route will be ok over the next 2/3 days ? She only has 5 extra days meds for a heart condition and is very concerned at the moment. Thanks
For the meds, that's actually the priority, so you may want to use some local contact to help with that urgently. If you have travel insurance then their medical contact point will give you help on this, e.g. contact details of a local doctor, even if you don't actually make a claim. I seem to recall there was a UK GP who lives and works in Oporto but I don't know anything more than that. If all else fails, go to a pharmacy in OPO, the educational requirements on pharmacists is such that they will probably speak English and will perhaps steer you in the right direction. I would suggest that is the main priority over the flight. As I understand it Faro will continue to LGW, and LGW's service level is currently the strongest of all the 3 hubs, thanks to not being reliant on business bookings. Crystal ball stuff, but I think it will work on Friday, the GLA will surely work too.