FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Well done BA - positive feedback / thank you thread
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:12 am
Firstprop

Programs: BA Executive Club
Thumbs up A wonderful flight in difficult time

Wanted to share a quick note of a wonderful flight from Geneva back to Gatwick. In many ways it was and should have been terrible but was redeemed by amazing service throughout. Like many I arrived skiing only to have to head back. Luckily reacted as soon as I saw the French Government’s advice. Was able to move my Avios Club booking forward to the Monday at minimal cost on the app, not waiting on phone lines.

Due to transfer I arrived at Geneva far in advance of the flight. The lounge was busy and initially operating as normal. Though the course of the stay as the Swiss Authorities introduced new restrictions the lounge operators had to respond. They did this in an incredibly professional way, they kept us infirmed. Gave us warning of first the withdrawal of food, then drink and then finally tat they would have to close. Each time they tried to keep going for as long as possible and be as helpful as they could. Considering that the lounge staff are facing huge uncertainty now the lounge is shut I really commend them. There were a few people who really let the side down, and got annoyed there was no more gin etc, pleasing other guests made it clear that staff were doing a grand job.

The flight itself was delayed by over an hour due to a technical fault on the incoming aircraft. combined with the fact that it was completely full should have made for a mediocre flight at best. However, the service in Club was simply amazing. The Lead Cabin Crew was responsible for Club service and she simply never stopped. Everyone was relieved to be getting home, so it had a slightly party atmosphere. She gave everyone multiply drinks, constantly topping us up. There was also second round of food offered, including complete meals if you wanted them. She did all this with named greetings to everyone, including us lowly Blues and a huge smile. A huge credit to BA. Overall a wonderful flight under trying times.