FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forward Check bags
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:18 pm
mvp2885

Forward Check bags

Hi all, I am new here. I am traveling from Osaka (Kansai) to Singapore on July 5th 2020 arriving at 11 pm, from there the following day July 6th I leave Singapore Changi to Bali at 9:30 am. My plans were always to remain inside the airport and get a transit hotel. Now I know this whole COVID-19 could be dramatically reduced by July, but I thought I would ask anyways. So Singapore has a 14 days Stay Home Notice for those traveling from ASEAN countries or from Japan. Now, the fine print says that this does not apply if I do not leave the transit area. As previously stated, my plan is to stay inside changi's transit area.

Now, here is the question. Can Singapore Airlines at Osaka (Kansai) forward check my bag to Bali for the following day? Where will my bag go from 11 pm to 9:30 am? Will they take of getting it on the bali flight? The good thing is that the flight from Singapore to Bali is also a Singapore Airlines flight. I am trying to do this because I don't want to check my bags again and go through immigration. If I do, I could potentially be stuck in Singapore for 14 days! Anyways, is this possible? The same will apply on my way back. I leave bali on July 12th, land in Singapore the same date at 4pm, and at 11pm I have a Singapore flight back to JFK. Thanks!

Last edited by mvp2885; Mar 17, 2020 at 2:23 pm