Forward Check bags

Old Mar 17, 20, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Forward Check bags

Hi all, I am new here. I am traveling from Osaka (Kansai) to Singapore on July 5th 2020 arriving at 11 pm, from there the following day July 6th I leave Singapore Changi to Bali at 9:30 am. My plans were always to remain inside the airport and get a transit hotel. Now I know this whole COVID-19 could be dramatically reduced by July, but I thought I would ask anyways. So Singapore has a 14 days Stay Home Notice for those traveling from ASEAN countries or from Japan. Now, the fine print says that this does not apply if I do not leave the transit area. As previously stated, my plan is to stay inside changi's transit area.

Now, here is the question. Can Singapore Airlines at Osaka (Kansai) forward check my bag to Bali for the following day? Where will my bag go from 11 pm to 9:30 am? Will they take of getting it on the bali flight? The good thing is that the flight from Singapore to Bali is also a Singapore Airlines flight. I am trying to do this because I don't want to check my bags again and go through immigration. If I do, I could potentially be stuck in Singapore for 14 days! Anyways, is this possible? The same will apply on my way back. I leave bali on July 12th, land in Singapore the same date at 4pm, and at 11pm I have a Singapore flight back to JFK. Thanks!

Last edited by mvp2885; Mar 17, 20 at 2:23 pm
Old Mar 17, 20, 4:08 pm

Your bags will be checked all the way to Bali, no need to worry.
Old Mar 17, 20, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firemansam View Post
Your bags will be checked all the way to Bali, no need to worry.
so I will always be in the transit area in changi? No need to clear immigration?
Old Mar 17, 20, 6:55 pm

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by mvp2885 View Post
so I will always be in the transit area in changi? No need to clear immigration?
Yes
Old Mar 17, 20, 7:26 pm

Yes.

When you check in remember to get both boarding pass (Osaka to sin n Sin to Bali) n ensure that the luggage is tagged to Bali. (Usually they will paste the luggage label n you should see the destination as SIN/DPS.
Old Mar 18, 20, 1:41 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer
Echoing what others have said, with one special addition:
Is your KIX-SIN-DPS itinerary all included in the one PNR and e-ticket? If KIX-SIN and SIN-DPS are on separate tickets then you'll have to ask at check-in at KIX for a "through check of baggage", however the way I'm reading your post is that you have it all on one ticket anyway, in which case the bags should go all the way to DPS.

Same concept applies for your DPS-SIN-(FRA)-JFK flight.
Old Mar 18, 20, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MathNerd View Post
Echoing what others have said, with one special addition:
Is your KIX-SIN-DPS itinerary all included in the one PNR and e-ticket? If KIX-SIN and SIN-DPS are on separate tickets then you'll have to ask at check-in at KIX for a "through check of baggage", however the way I'm reading your post is that you have it all on one ticket anyway, in which case the bags should go all the way to DPS.

Same concept applies for your DPS-SIN-(FRA)-JFK flight.
Actually it's two separate tickets. The KIX-SIN was booked through ANA and since they are star alliance then I get to take a Singapore Airlines plane. Then the one from SIN-DPS is an award ticket from Singapore Airlines themselves. But from my understanding, since they are separate tickets, I just have to ask for a "through check of baggage at KIX?" Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 20, 7:21 pm

Actually it's two separate tickets. The KIX-SIN was booked through ANA and since they are star alliance then I get to take a Singapore Airlines plane. Then the one from SIN-DPS is an award ticket from Singapore Airlines themselves. But from my understanding, since they are separate tickets, I just have to ask for a "through check of baggage at KIX?" Thanks!
Yes, even if they are on separate tickets/airlines, you can still ask them to check your bags through to your final destination. Just double check at check-in to ensure that the agent tags them to DPS.
Old Mar 26, 20, 2:45 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer
You'll definitely be fine, as the entire itinerary KIX-SIN-DPS is all on SQ "metal" (flown on SQ planes). SQ will definitely check your baggage all the way through.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: