FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thread for people stranded after border closures due to COVID-19 in a foreign country
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:10 pm
stubbyjo1bob

My daughter is stuck in CUsco. On a volunteer program for last 2 weeks and found out late yesterday they cancelled the program. No info about closing borders was given. Booked her on a flight out on United for Tuesday.. CUS to DEN. She was on her way to Machu Picchu (which was closed) early this a.m. when flight got cancelled due to Lima airport being closed. I called and rep told me he had no info that Cusco was closed and told me to book for Wens. Obviously everything is closed and she is quarantined for 15 days. But when I check both United and Avianca (connecting flight from CUZ to LIM...it is still active. Does it take a while for the info to reach the customer service folks and web? Shes pretty bummed. I do hope your son can get home. She is with others who are in the same situation. Its a scary time for everyone and I am hoping she can get home on April 1st.