FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MEX-MAD flight dilemma
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:34 am
BigVince76

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Arrow MEX-MAD flight dilemma

I hope this is ok here - we are a bit stuck for sources of assistance!

My wife and I are due to fly MEX-MAD with Iberia very early on Tuesday morning (0005 departure from MEX). We then have a layover in MAD and are due to fly back from there with BA on Wednesday morning. This is booked on separate tickets, MAD-LHR was a reward booking if that makes any difference.

Obviously given what is happening in Spain we would rather avoid traveling via Madrid when there is a direct flight from MEX-LHR.

We've just tried to call Amex insurance and they are closed at the weekend so I was hoping for some advice on what to do next.

​​​​We have the means to just book ourselves on the direct flight, but would Amex cover this now the FCO has put Spain on the list of essential travel only countries?

The other option is to try to do battle with Iberia - we could try to call them, or visit them at Mexico City airport as we fly in to there this afternoon. Is there any chance they'd put us on the BA flight given that as far as they are concerned our final destination is Madrid?

I apologise if this isn't the right place but we're watching all this unfold in Mexico and it is hard for us to work out what's what.

Any advice would be very gratefully received!