FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:37 am
Dn10

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I am sorry I think a lot of people who have made the money to be able to afford staying at a $1000 a night resort are intelligent enough to know they are being ripped of when the charge for a bottle of water is so high for 'premium' water with dinner but happy to drink the normal water given in the room the rest of the time. If the resort offered the standard water in the evenings at a reasonable rate I am sure people would accept that, but just because I can afford it doesn't mean I suddenly become stupid and gullible at dinner!

As for the champagne sabering, I agree more on this and we actually generally enjoyed a bottle of wine or cocktails and viewed the sabering and offering of champagne as a nice way to bring people together at a resort where people generally hide away in the rooms quite a lot. Plus for those not in sunset villas it's a pretty good spot to watch the sunset!

I’ll admit it does seem like a cash grab that they offer free iced water at the breakfast buffet and then charge something like $15 at dinner for a smallish bottle of premium water, just seemed funny to watch.