FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denmark closes its borders
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2020, 5:45 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Just wait. Our prime minister will find a way to ground you too.
I'm also wondering what is going to be the next step. A lot of "expats" in Sweden are wondering if they can go to DK to catch their flights. A lot of them don't want to believe what they read from the rules (you can fly into CPH and then head back to Sweden but not vice versa).

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
To me it looks more like a signal to trump. Polen, Norway, Czech and a couple of other Schengen countries have done the same, and some of them have far less infected people than DK. Closing the streets with <1000 infected people in the country is IMHO WAY over kill, but then again I see the closing of the border as over reaction too.

The advice not to travel starts to make sense now that they have changed the reason to risk of other countries closing down like DK. When I heard the advice first time, the reason were to reduce the risk of someone bringing the virus into DK, which is hilarious since DK has been close to the top 10 of most infected people for a while and is close to top 5 if you look at cases per 1M citizens.
Totally agree.

Schengen is dead.