FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inflight Service Changes Due to COVID-19
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:03 pm
AS Flyer

Originally Posted by chipmaster
I stand by my grading "A" for service "F" for safety, community snack dip is an F and nothing else gets that moved, no averaging. Just like life a lot of "A"s can still result in a total fail based on one epic fail. I'd almost say that is the 737Max.

It was personal choice but might have well have done handshakes with everyone that touched the snack tray, dang kind of like my mate seated next to me for some strange reason shook the hands of 4 or 5 passengers in the back, must have been the "boss" not a smart one at that.
Im curious, when you go to the store in these times how do you select food and then when you get it home what do you do with it? Do you disinfect the packaging of each item before you put it on your shelf? Do you use gloves to open boxes and cans and bags? Im just curious how people touching packaged snack items compromises what's inside? Obviously, it's not optimal and I like Eastbay's suggestion that you identify which items you want and the FA hands them to you - but how is the current process any less safe than when you go shopping now? To that, I can't recall (even now) seeing anyone get up and wash their hands before their meal or snack. They've touched seats, overhead bins, armrests and god knows what else - but no concern about transferring germs that way. I've seen a few use hand sanitizer, but it's rare - even now. How is the snack basket all of a sudden a basket full of germs that shouldn't be offered?