FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying from India to Thailand
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:59 am
DoctorCopper

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
His opening line indicates his concern at getting through immigration in Thailand: "I just read that Thailand does not allow people coming from India entering the country". An Indian visa in this regard would be immaterial.

Some nationalities do need a visa to get into Thailand and for some people the Thai embassy website could be confusing when it says all 'on arrival visas are temporarily suspended' [paraphrased]. I was just pointing out that if he was UK, then don't be confused by this (as I was) - I'm heading to Thailand next week and constantly updating the latest government information as it's an Ex-Eu ticket that touches a couple of european countries.
Thanks for this, but only the OP can clarify the visa situation.

I am in Thailand at the moment, returning to the UK shortly. I had a meeting on Thursday afternoon with a person advising the Thai government on policy in this regard. That wasn’t the purpose of my meeting but it cropped up in the conversation.

Not sure if this helps but he said “the situation was confusing and changing continually”. All anyone can do is keep checking for the latest official information.

Doc Copper