FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights
Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:22 am
televisor

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The lobbying to suspend the EU261 compensation scheme for delays and cancellations under Covid19 situations is already on, but as you say the right to a complete refund due to schedule change or cancellation is still valid.
Cool. I'm in a slightly messy situation with UA ticket, but LH first flight (in turn UA coded), where LH cancelled the flight. It seems like I should be contacting LH for the refund, which I'll try - I wonder if anyone else has had this exact situation. The ticket is not yet cancelled but I'll have to do that soon I guess (LH rebooked me automatically - but I won't be travelling anyway).

On a different topic: my coworker has an LX ticket with a mix of LX and UA flights. He cancelled his ticket before all the waivers started, and he's wondering whether he can rebook without change fee, or did he give up that option when cancelling? (It was a P-fare/nonref ticket, and apparently he got some taxes back when cancelling, I don't understand the full situation.)