FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Hawaiian Airlines Annual Fee - Beware
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:14 pm
acardio

Programs: WN, Alaska, AA, Hilton, Marriott
Barclays Hawaiian Airlines Annual Fee - Beware

I recently signed up for an in-flight offer on a Hawaiian Airline branded Barclay Card. The offer was 60k points with no annual fee with the points released on the first purchase as an in-flight offer. On my first billing cycle, I was billed the $99 dollars and called Barclay's to open up a case to try and have the fee rescinded. After a month, they said the T&C were correct and that they would not be refunding the $99.

I tried calling to contest to no avail, was stonewalled by a rude supervisor. Told her that there is no way I would sign up for a card with an annual fee the first year. There is no way I would sign up for a card with an annual fee the first year unless it was something amazing like the Chase Sapphire Reserve (didn't say this part to her, but know it to be a fact).

Beware of this card and Barclays. Incompetent at best, and shady business practices at worst. As for me, I've learned my lesson to make a copy of all CC applications for situations like this.

Last edited by acardio; Mar 10, 2020 at 1:26 pm Reason: clarity