FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH wants my death on their hands [May ticket to NCE not cancelled for free]
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:20 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Polioli
As an elderly passenger at high-risk of contracting the virus, Lufthansa is taking no responsibility at all to avoid me dying I am hoping and praying one or all of
my booked flights will be cancelled in the next few weeks so I can get a full refund, as I am not even eligible to re-book according to their new information, as I bought my tickets last September but am not flying until May, after the cut-off date of 30th April for changes to existing bookings made before 5th March. I fly through 1 danger zone, Singapore, transit another, Munich, before arriving in a very high danger zone, Nice. LH won't answer emails or contact forms, and while the call centre staff are very kind, all they keep saying is check the website. All I am after is info as to whether I will be affected by cancellations and no-one will tell me. Just confirms LH has no interest in passengers, only profit.
No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to get on that plane. Seems to me you are the one prioritizing money (the cost to cancel your flight) over your perceived certain death. Yet you condemn LH for the exact same thing. You alone are responsible for your decisions; your health, your choice. If you really believe that this trip is that much of a threat to your very survival, why on earth would you even consider letting a cancellation fee sway your decision? A few hundred dollars is worth dying over? And you say LH is the one who is only thinking about money?