FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any star alliance partners or other partners to credit Airlink Operated flights?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:34 pm
roadwarrier

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Originally Posted by ttabbott
Do any star alliance partners give credit for South African flights operated by Airlink? I even bought a flight on United.com only to realize they don’t offer any award miles or mileage plus credit towards status for these Airlink flights. Looks like Singapore and air canada have the same rules too. Does lifemiles or even partners outside * A provide credit? (Jetblue doesn’t)

Otherwise I might as well create a voyager account and let them not go to waste??
I would not create a Voyager account for that, unless you are intending to fly mega miles. Also, SAA is not strong Financially, and as we all know, the loyalty programs are the first to go. (I learnt that the hard way with Air Berlin).
From early June, it seems that the partnership will change between SAA and Airlink with regards to code sharing.

I will be using them either late next week, or the following, and will see how it goes. Currently all my *A miles goes to TK, so hopefully, if I book on an SAA code, I "should" get some miles. Will keep you updated.

Last edited by roadwarrier; Mar 5, 2020 at 2:37 pm Reason: Spelling