Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > South African Airways | Voyager
Reload this Page >

Any star alliance partners or other partners to credit Airlink Operated flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any star alliance partners or other partners to credit Airlink Operated flights?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Do any star alliance partners give credit for South African flights operated by Airlink? I even bought a flight on United.com only to realize they don’t offer any award miles or mileage plus credit towards status for these Airlink flights. Looks like Singapore and air canada have the same rules too. Does lifemiles or even partners outside * A provide credit? (Jetblue doesn’t)

Otherwise I might as well create a voyager account and let them not go to waste??
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Originally Posted by ttabbott
Do any star alliance partners give credit for South African flights operated by Airlink? I even bought a flight on United.com only to realize they don’t offer any award miles or mileage plus credit towards status for these Airlink flights. Looks like Singapore and air canada have the same rules too. Does lifemiles or even partners outside * A provide credit? (Jetblue doesn’t)

Otherwise I might as well create a voyager account and let them not go to waste??
I would not create a Voyager account for that, unless you are intending to fly mega miles. Also, SAA is not strong Financially, and as we all know, the loyalty programs are the first to go. (I learnt that the hard way with Air Berlin).
From early June, it seems that the partnership will change between SAA and Airlink with regards to code sharing.

I will be using them either late next week, or the following, and will see how it goes. Currently all my *A miles goes to TK, so hopefully, if I book on an SAA code, I "should" get some miles. Will keep you updated.

Last edited by roadwarrier; Mar 5, 2020 at 2:37 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:30 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
I tired crediting Airlink flights with SA flight numbers to SQ krisfyler and nothing posted.

The SA metal miles did post on the SQ program.

Originally Posted by roadwarrier
I would not create a Voyager account for that, unless you are intending to fly mega miles. Also, SAA is not strong Financially, and as we all know, the loyalty programs are the first to go. (I learnt that the hard way with Air Berlin).
From early June, it seems that the partnership will change between SAA and Airlink with regards to code sharing.

I will be using them either late next week, or the following, and will see how it goes. Currently all my *A miles goes to TK, so hopefully, if I book on an SAA code, I "should" get some miles. Will keep you updated.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by miles_navigator
I tired crediting Airlink flights with SA flight numbers to SQ krisfyler and nothing posted.

The SA metal miles did post on the SQ program.
Great that you got something at least.

Due to travel bans, I will not get to test the Airlink / TK mileage earning option, but will report back once I can
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roadwarrier
test the Airlink / TK mileage earning option, but will report back once I can
Good luck with that.

As far as I know, Airlink is only affiliated with Voyager, you cannot earn or burn with any other program whatsoever.

Johan
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Good luck with that.

As far as I know, Airlink is only affiliated with Voyager, you cannot earn or burn with any other program whatsoever.

Johan
Yes, I had thought as much. Well, with our lockdown, who knows when I will find? Currently, stuck in HRE - BA cancelled my flight this morning, so should get out tomorrow, so that is more important.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to an email just in, Airlink will start its own FF program

"Dear Johan

As a valued Airlink Travel Partner we would like to involve you in our new initiative: Our Frequent Flyer Program at Airlink.

To do so, we have developed a short survey (3 mins) where you can have your say to help us develop this program
."

Johan
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: UA Plat
United Airlines allows mileage credit for Airlink flights.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
When I booked my Airlink ticket today they asked for my United FF number. None of the other star alliance members are listed.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:55 pm
lmk

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Silver, AA
United and Airlink have recently partnered, and new bookings on Airlink in the past month have automatically added our UA mileage numbers. It remains to be seen whether we will be correctly credited with those miles once we fly.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lmk
United and Airlink have recently partnered, and new bookings on Airlink in the past month have automatically added our UA mileage numbers. It remains to be seen whether we will be correctly credited with those miles once we fly.
Has the Airlink credit shown up on UA?
Old Aug 21, 2023, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Has the Airlink credit shown up on UA?
On our most recent trips to South Africa we have flown the shared lodge/camp shuttle service operated by Federal Airlines. So I have no experience with Airlink since UA started to partner with them directly. But there is a link to the Airlink page on UA's website.

https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/mil...s/airlink.html

If you fly on a UA ticket (016- ticket number), you will earn miles just as if the flight was on UA metal. If you fly on an Airlink ticket, you will earn based on the Airlink booking class. Some of the booking classes earn 0 miles.

With UA airline partners, I have learned that you need to keep all the email correspondence with the partner airline including the e-ticket receipt. Assuming you have all that you should be able to get the miles out of UA. Assuming of course that the booking class on Airlink earns any miles at all.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cheltzel
On our most recent trips to South Africa we have flown the shared lodge/camp shuttle service operated by Federal Airlines. So I have no experience with Airlink since UA started to partner with them directly. But there is a link to the Airlink page on UA's website.

https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/mil...s/airlink.html

If you fly on a UA ticket (016- ticket number), you will earn miles just as if the flight was on UA metal. If you fly on an Airlink ticket, you will earn based on the Airlink booking class. Some of the booking classes earn 0 miles.

With UA airline partners, I have learned that you need to keep all the email correspondence with the partner airline including the e-ticket receipt. Assuming you have all that you should be able to get the miles out of UA. Assuming of course that the booking class on Airlink earns any miles at all.
Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2023, 10:41 pm

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
No issues to credit on UA, just don't expect tons of miles!
cheltzel likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 9:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
No issues to credit on UA, just don't expect tons of miles!
South African is the only start alliance airline that flies within South Africa. But it only flies between JNB, CPT and DUR. Currently there are only a couple of reliable carriers within South Africa that fly to most of the cities inside South Africa. Airlink and FlySafair. Of the two, Airlink flies to most of the middle and smaller locations and virtually all the airports with scheduled service near the major safari areas. It is nice to be able to get at least some miles as the only other option is no miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.