FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - layover max 4h on international ticket (FAE-CPH-STN)?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:24 am
tods27

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jsloan
You're looking for logic where there is none. ...

Incidentally, you're reading too much into this. It's not that the 16h transfer isn't being allowed; it's that the search results don't happen to return it. It may be that UA is actually running an FAE-LON search and then filtering out the other airports or something. If you'd like to post a sample date, somebody can take a look and see if they can reproduce the same issue, but I think you're probably just running into "the computer returns what it returns."
So true on the logic comment. vip66, are you searching for round-trip or one-way? The limit on search results is exacerbated by round-trip searches. The return leg tends to show very few options. I've had the opposite problem with agents where a routing shows available in a one-way search, but they seem to have to search through a much larger set of routings and sometimes can't see the one I can see on the website. As noted, the multi-city search isn't very helpful due to the married segment inventory that UA is using.