FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kuala Lumpur
Thread: Kuala Lumpur
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:12 pm
nov11

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
~~

Originally Posted by ft101
Is connecting to the monorail a better option than the SBK Line? It looks better (less walking) on the diagram I saw, but these things can be misleading. And I recall another line running from the airport beside the KLIA Express Line. Having experienced the Heathrow Express I never trust something with Express in the name, so is it a trade off between speed and price if compared with the regular line or is there more to it?
The other line is KLIA Transit. It runs on the same tracks as KLIA Express; without the stops. The price though is the same (it's calculated based on start/end station). It takes 30 minutes for the express to get from KLIA to KL Sentral, just a bit more on KLIA transit.

Oh you are right, I forgot about the monorail (most people do - as not many people take the monorail). I am sorry. Yes that'd be a slightly shorter walk from KL Sentral MRT station to the KL Sentral monorail station but you'd have to go through a mall (NuSentral) to get from KLIA Express exit to the monorail station (involves a few up and down escalator rides).

The Bukit Bintang is an interchange station (for MRT and monorail), so both works except that the monorail gives you a scenic tour of the city, on a much slower speed compared to the 3 underground stops on MRT.

If you have luggage, I'd recommend taking Grab from KL Sentral to Jalan Alor. Probably cost around RM10 (<$2.50 USD) if isn't raining or during peak hours. The MRT/monorail ride should cost less than RM2 (<$0.50 USD).

Btw, you get a 10% discount if you buy your KLIA Express tickets from the ticket vending machine instead of an attendant.