FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 and impact on luxury hotels/travel
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:53 pm
drsh99

Programs: AA, United, Iberia, US Airways
Originally Posted by CedarSwampThing
Just cancelled reservations at the end of this month for St. regis Venice and Four Seasons Florence. Like previous posters I was less concerned about contracting Covid-19 and more worried about forced quarantine or closed borders upon my return. Will Rebook for next year. Have travel planned to Asia + South Pacific for Fall and have no intention of cancelling it. Might do a quick US domestic trip to New Mexico or Arizona early April
I just hiked the Grand Canyon with 2 nights at Bright Angel lodge, dinner at el Tovar and one night in a 2 person cabin at Phantom Ranch (tough but doable hike), followed by a night in Sedona and 2 nights at Hacienda del Sol (historic luxury resort) in Tucson. All locations had lots of cancellations and are wide open for wonderful, memorable vacations right now. Stop by Sedona and Canyon de Chelly or any other magical high desert locations between the canyon and tucson for a great vacation. Skip phoenix.