FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bye bye SEN, hello KF [SQ]*G
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:45 am
Arnur

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain
@hugolover:
I am also wondering about other soft benefits such as seat blocking. As SEN, on the rare occasions I flew LH group short-haul business, I was able to select seats in row 1. During my usual trips in short-haul eco light on LH group, I was almost always able to get a seat in exit row or an aisle seat in the preferred zone. And when flying solo, often times, the middle seat next to me remained empty.
I'm TK*G and in my experience, seat blocking on LH is hit-and-miss, whereas it used to work really well back when I was SEN. That is a benefit, which I really miss.

Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain
Addendum: I guess in some scenarios, it's risky to use the alternatives available to me as FTL. For instance, I guess I could call the service phone no. for FTL but there's a chance they'll mess around with the FFN in the booking. Same as with using the welcome lounge as FTL. They could change the FFN to M&M so miles end up being credited there which I would find undesirable.
Not sure about the hotline, but using the Welcome Lounge is no problem, as you access it after arrival, i.e. the flights will already have credited to SQ. I'm using the Welcome Lounge in FRA quite regularly after long-haul flights, which I usually credit to TK. I just show my FTL card at the reception. This, as well as lounge use when I'm flying Eurowings, are the main reason for me to retain FTL status, in addition to TK*G.