Bye bye SEN, hello KF [SQ]*G

Old Feb 29, 20, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Bye bye SEN, hello KF [SQ]*G

I'm losing my SEN status tonight. While I rarely choose LH group for long hauls, a good chunk of my short-haul flights are on LH group. All in eco, 95% eco light.

So what changes do you expect the change will bring to me in terms of elite benefits. (I did figure out I won't earn miles when flying LH in K--that doesn't worry me, 50/157 redeemable/status miles per flight is next to nothing.)

I know I'll find out sooner or later, so I hope you don't find I'm showing too much impatience with this thread. (Not scheduled to fly LH group until Mar. 23, until then I got nothing but a few AF-KL flights.)

Last edited by Comatose.Captain; Feb 29, 20 at 12:44 pm
Old Feb 29, 20, 2:18 pm

ASR with LOT on Saver fares and above. ASR in preferred zone and exit with LH Group on Classic and above.
SEN lounge access on arrival, excluding LOT.
SEN guest + your family under 18 at LH lounges + LOT.
SEN Companion Award
eVouchers
Delights to Go in MUC-but works with your FTL
Welcome Lounge on arrival in Y/P.
ZRH Arrivals (but your FTL would give you access)

Still get your extra bag on LOT including Saver as Gold. Nothing on LH Group Light except for long haul where as a "goodwill" you get one bag (same as SEN).

Apart from the above its not really a big deal. And anyway, according to the experts here, you're saving Helga a load in lounge fees cos the issuing FFP programme pays for that.
Old Mar 1, 20, 3:07 am
Original Poster

@hugolover:

Thanks a lot for that list!

A bunch of things on there I wasn't aware of at all.

It's still my understanding the ASR thingy doesn't really come into play for me, as I hardly fly anything but intra-European Eco Light on LH group. But it's still a valid point.

Thinking about this further, I think I'm losing the SEN hotline as well. I rarely used it but I am aware that wait times can sometimes be considerably shorter. There doesn't seem to be any preferential treatment for *G--over the phone, you gotta rough it out in the waiting queue with general pax.

I am also wondering about other soft benefits such as seat blocking. As SEN, on the rare occasions I flew LH group short-haul business, I was able to select seats in row 1. During my usual trips in short-haul eco light on LH group, I was almost always able to get a seat in exit row or an aisle seat in the preferred zone. And when flying solo, often times, the middle seat next to me remained empty.

----

Addendum: I guess in some scenarios, it's risky to use the alternatives available to me as FTL. For instance, I guess I could call the service phone no. for FTL but there's a chance they'll mess around with the FFN in the booking. Same as with using the welcome lounge as FTL. They could change the FFN to M&M so miles end up being credited there which I would find undesirable.
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by Comatose.Captain; Mar 1, 20 at 3:16 am
Old Mar 2, 20, 2:53 pm

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Pardon my ignorance, but what is KF*G? KF used to be the code for Blue1, if I remember correctly.
Old Mar 2, 20, 2:56 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Arnur View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what is KF*G? KF used to be the code for Blue1, if I remember correctly.
KrisFlyer
Arnur likes this.
Old Mar 2, 20, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
KrisFlyer
Thanks a lot
Old Mar 3, 20, 1:56 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
I was wondering the same thing and it took me a moment to realize that the OP means SQ*G.
Arnur likes this.
Old Mar 3, 20, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain View Post
@hugolover:
I am also wondering about other soft benefits such as seat blocking. As SEN, on the rare occasions I flew LH group short-haul business, I was able to select seats in row 1. During my usual trips in short-haul eco light on LH group, I was almost always able to get a seat in exit row or an aisle seat in the preferred zone. And when flying solo, often times, the middle seat next to me remained empty.
I'm TK*G and in my experience, seat blocking on LH is hit-and-miss, whereas it used to work really well back when I was SEN. That is a benefit, which I really miss.

Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain View Post
Addendum: I guess in some scenarios, it's risky to use the alternatives available to me as FTL. For instance, I guess I could call the service phone no. for FTL but there's a chance they'll mess around with the FFN in the booking. Same as with using the welcome lounge as FTL. They could change the FFN to M&M so miles end up being credited there which I would find undesirable.
Not sure about the hotline, but using the Welcome Lounge is no problem, as you access it after arrival, i.e. the flights will already have credited to SQ. I'm using the Welcome Lounge in FRA quite regularly after long-haul flights, which I usually credit to TK. I just show my FTL card at the reception. This, as well as lounge use when I'm flying Eurowings, are the main reason for me to retain FTL status, in addition to TK*G.
Comatose.Captain likes this.
Old Mar 3, 20, 12:25 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I read the same when I saw the title. Before 2015 before the Blue1 brand was shut down, their logo was printed on SK EB cards sent to members in Finland but status showed as SK*G
Old Mar 3, 20, 2:18 pm

I'm TK*G and in my experience, seat blocking on LH is hit-and-miss, whereas it used to work really well back when I was SEN. That is a benefit, which I really miss.
May just a coincidence, but had a similar experience yesterday and today: credited 2 flights to SK yesterday (as SEN and SK *S) and seats next to me were full, even though the plane was only 2/3 full. In fact, on one of the flights, the seat next to me (in A) was about the only B seat filled on the whole plane, almost looked like they did it on purpose. On my two flights back today, crediting to M&M and SEN on boarding pass, on both flights the seat next to me was empty and on the last leg in the evening it was about the only free B seat on the whole plane. Maybe there is a pattern, who knows.

Additionally, my home airport did not let me use the priority *G security lane when the boarding pass said SK *S yesterday. Showing my SEN card didn‘t help.

Last edited by worldclubber; Mar 4, 20 at 12:26 am
Old Mar 3, 20, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
All of my LH flights have been as a UA *G and I've had no complaints.
Old Mar 4, 20, 2:48 am

Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Additionally, my home airport did not let me use the priority *G security lane when the boarding pass said SK *S yesterday. Showing my SEN card didn‘t help.
Just out of curiosity - which airport are you referring to?

Thx!
Old Mar 4, 20, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by cas_de View Post
Just out of curiosity - which airport are you referring to?

Thx!
I've sent you a PM.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: