FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA 9 LHR-BKK. Is it getting worse ?
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:05 am
msm2000uk
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Behindthecurtain
Actually returning on QR at the moment and in the Al Safwa lounge responding.

People need to understand that Qatar is often not what it is cracked up to be. yes it can be great but very often it’s a let down. At least with BA, you know you get a seat that is comfy and private (window) and can get some decent sleep.

I was supposed to be A320 Flat Bed (DME-DOH), A350 QSuite (DOH-HAN) B777 QSuite (BKK-Doh) and B777 old style (DOH-DME)

what I got was A320 old regional seat, limited recline to Doha A350, old style 2-2-2, to HAN with Mr step over and kick
me many times then from BKK, a 777 with “flatish” seats and another step over leg kicker.. that’s so far... no idea what they put on for my next flight.

plus I am struggling to understand the crew half the time and this blasted insistence of waking you up 90 mins before landing on 6 hour flights drives me nuts.

we can all find reasons to slag off based on one set of flights as I have just done, but BA and QR normally give a reasonable service
The 2-2-2 layout on your QR A350 means you were on a LATAM bird. There are a couple of them in the fleet, but it isnt an old layout.

In terms of being woken up 90mins before, if you request a meal prior to landing, that is SOP.

If you just want a drink, they'll still make it for you up to 20mins before landing.

M