FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Routing Advice BKK / Southeast Asia to/from USA for UA flyers
Old Feb 29, 2020, 1:00 pm
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caioflandau
As expected, United has put a travel waiver on South Korea earlier today. US CDC now also raised the alert level to level 3 - avoid all nonessential travel. There goes my plans.

It's looking more and more likely that I'm going to be stuck in Asia for the next few months. Flights directly from BKK, not going through other Asian countries (EK for example), are too expensive. Seems like I have little choice other than flying somewhere else in Asia, as I need to leave Thailand soon or I'll overstay my tourist visa. Fun times.
My advice right now is to go "home" ASAP, wherever that is - a place where you can stay without costing too much money, a place you understand the language, a place you have health care coverage... This thing is probably going to go for another few months and if Thailand is not home, you need to go home.

If going through Middle East/Europe is doable, then do it ASAP before situation changes.